Monday, May 20, 2013

To me failure comes in many forms. Theres the little things, like one day i'd been sitting on an excersise ball on the computer skyping my boyfriend because we dont have chairs when the ball out of nowhere popped. It took me a minute to realize what had happened because one second I was at the computer the next my butt was on the ground. My boyfriend after asking if i was ok started dying laughing because it was just so random. It turned out there was a few staples on the ground that I had rolled onto.  Than there are the larger failures, like getting to high school and realizing its nothing like middle school when your grades start to go down. Sometimes its something as little as you promised a friend something and you forget. No matter what the circumstahne failure sucks.  Its an awful sinking feeling.  It makes you feel like you cant do something, it even at times makes you feel worthless and gives a feeling of why bother.  I dont know if this is everybody but I know that when i start to do poorly in a class I get the feeling of "nope im just bad at this whats the point" and almost give up when what I really need to do is start studying and finding people to help me out. According to older, wiser people you're always supposed to learn from failure but I dont think theres always a lesson to everything. Not everything happens for a reason.  Sometimes excersise balls pop just because someone left staples on the ground, or something happened just because it did.  Not every paper cut or broken leg is to teach you not to do something.  Life isnt something we have for a long time, though it is the longest thing well ever experience.  Sometimes stupid accidents happen because youre enjoying that time that we have.  At the same time though, I now find myself checking the floor for staples and sitting down carefully on anything that could break.  Though they may not happen for a reason failures finds a way to force us never to repeat that feeling of defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment